Reference grade instrument for use in a wide range of radiation therapy applications, including external beam, low dose, high dose, intravascular brachytherapy, diagnostic x-ray, and mammographic x-ray
AUTOMATIC THRESHOLD DETECTION
Already one of the easiest and most widely used electrometers, threshold detecting trigger mode makes the MAX 4000 even more versatile. The MAX 4000 automatically detects the start and stop of radiation exposure by measuring the current crossing predetermined limit thresholds. This allows you to take sequential measurements without the need to manually reset the electrometer.
LOW NOISE AND STABLE REPEATABILITY
A powerful digital microprocessor provides 0.1% repeatability and exceptionally low leakage of less than 1 fA. The built-in digital filter nearly eliminates the effects of noise, resulting in stable and exact measurements.
POWERFUL DATA MANAGEMENT
Connect the MAX 4000 to a PC and use the included MAX COMM™ Software for fast, comprehensive control of dose and dose rate measurements, chamber libraries, remote operations, data logging, and many other advanced features.
NEW! WIDE RANGE, SUPERIOR SENSITIVITY
0.001 pA to 500.00 nA range
0.01 pC to 999,999 nC range
Features and Benefits
Powerful Measurement Capabilities
- Triggered collection with automatic start, stop and reset of charge collection based on specific threshold detection levels for flexibility needed in clinical and research applications
- Timed collection from 0-600 seconds and continuous mode provide additional charge collection options
- Built-in digital filter virtually eliminates the effect of noise, resulting in stable and exact measurements
Simple, Intuitive Interface
- NEW! Large, easy to read backlit LCD display is visible from a distance and in low light
- Simultaneous display of amp, coulomb, and collection time minimizes the need to switch screens
- User activated, automatic zeroing function
MAX COMM Software
- NEW! Automatic acquisition of a series of timed charge collections
- NEW! Continuous collection of rate measurement points over a user defined interval with a choice of two frequencies
— Useful for basic beam profiling
- Chamber library allows a chamber or system factor to be applied, facilitating calculation & read out of integrated dose and dose rate in Gy, Sv, R, Gy/min, Sv/hr, R/min, or Gym2/hr
- Apply temperature and pressure correction to measurements
- Export data in a Microsoft® Excel compatible format
Measure with Confidence
- Designed to exceed AAPM, ADCL and reference grade instrument specifications
- Designed to meet or exceed requirements of IEC 60731 for reference grade instruments
- NEW! Extended bias settings of ± 0-450 VDC for TG-51 and 1/3 ratio IAEA TRS-398 measurements
- External Beam IMRT – The MAX 4000 provides quick measurements of even the smallest volume ion chambers, such as those used in IMRT or stereotactic radiosurgery.
- LDR or HDR Brachytherapy – Exceptional sensitivity and a wide range make the MAX 4000 the electrometer of choice for brachytherapy measurements. It provides quick measurements of low activity isotopes. A 0.27 mCi iodine seed, measured in the HDR 1000 Plus Well Chamber, gives a typical signal of 1.458 pA. The MAX 4000 also measures 10 Ci and higher iridium sources
- Other Applications – The MAX 4000 is ideally suited for ion chambers typically used for data acquisition in water phantoms and with chambers used for quality assurance tests. The versatile MAX 4000 works exceptionally well with mammographic, conventional radiology, and CT scanning applications