For absolute dosimetry calibrations in water, air, or other phantom material
DESIGNED FOR ABSOLUTE DOSIMETRY CALIBRATION
Exradin Farmer-type Chambers are specifically designed for absolute dosimetry calibrations in water, air, or other phantom material. The Model A12 is completely characterized in TG 51 and TRS 398.
FAST, PRECISE MEASUREMENTS
Its waterproof construction and two piece removable stem makes it ideal for use in water phantoms. The chamber vents through a flexible tube that surrounds the triaxial cable, ensuring the collecting volume is in pressure equilibrium with the surroundings. The design assures there are no stem or voltage soakage effects, providing precise and reliable measurements.
DURABLE CONSTRUCTION, BUILT TO LAST
Farmer-type Chambers are constructed of rugged C552 Shonka air-equivalent plastic, providing excellent conductivity and years of reliable use. Rigorous one meter drop test proves ruggedness and reliability.
Features and Benefits
- Proven guard design yields stable, precise measurements and minimizes settling time by creating uniform field lines
- Shell, collector, and guard are made of durable, long lasting Shonka conductive plastic
- Use of homogeneous material throughout the chamber minimizes perturbation of the beam due to the presence of the chamber and optimizes measurements
- Axially symmetric design of the chamber provides an uniform, isotropic response
- Inherent waterproof construction eliminates need for additional protective coverings
- Two separate stem pieces of 5.1 cm and 12.7 cm can be coupled together for ease of use
- A matching 2.8 mm thick 60Co build-up cap of C552 Shonka air-equivalent plastic is provided for air calibrations and measurements
- Additional build-up caps of Delrin and brass are available
- Ionization collection efficiency is 99.9% or better
- Collecting volume is 0.64 cc