Designed to fit existing plastic phantoms
DESIGNED FOR ABSOLUTE DOSIMETRY CALIBRATION
The Classic Farmer-type Chamber is fully guarded in the Exradin tradition of quality design to eliminate perturbation and minimize settling times and provides precise absolute dosimetry calibrations in water, air, or other phantom material. The Classic Farmer-type Chamber fits existing plastic phantom cavities and build-up caps.
FAST, PRECISE MEASUREMENTS
Waterproof construction makes it ideal for use in water phantoms. The chamber vents through a flexible tube that surrounds the triaxial cable, ensuring the collecting volume is in pressure equilibrium with the surroundings. The design assures there are no stem or voltage soakage effects, providing precise and reliable measurements.
DURABLE CONSTRUCTION, BUILT TO LAST
The Classic Farmer-type Chamber is constructed of rugged C552 Shonka air-equivalent plastic, providing excellent conductivity and years of reliable use. Rigorous one meter drop test proves ruggedness and reliability.
Features and Benefits
- Proven guard design yields stable, precise measurements and minimizes settling time by creating uniform field lines
- Shell, collector, and guard are made of durable, long lasting Shonka conductive plastic
- Use of homogeneous material throughout the chamber minimizes perturbation of the beam due to the presence of the chamber and optimizes measurements
- Axially symmetric design of the chamber provides an uniform, isotropic response
- Inherent waterproof construction eliminates need for additional protective coverings
- A matching 2.8 mm thick 60Co build-up cap of C552 Shonka air-equivalent plastic is provided for air calibrations and measurements
- Additional build-up caps of Delrin and brass are available
- Ionization collection efficiency is 99.9% or better
- Collection volume is 0.62 cc