Customer Resources for COVID-19
As we adapt and create new ways to work, it’s Standard Imaging’s priority to help our customers navigate forward as seamlessly as possible. To empower your team, we've gathered resources and articles from across the industry. Including recommendations from hospitals, Q&A's, and more.
- Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, radiation oncology departments continue to provide cancer treatments and have adopted preventative measures that allow them to minimize the risk of infection to patients. The Italian Health Ministry, provides a timeline of the virus spread in Italy and recommendations to reduce the impact. Read more here.
- Should cancer treatment be continued during the pandemic? Get your questions answered about risk factors and steps hospitals have made to accommodate patients in this article from ESMO, the European Society for Medical Oncology. Read more here.
- What impact has the pandemic had on radiation oncology clinics and cancer patients? ASTRO addresses the impacts on treatment interruptions, in-person visits, decreased workforce, and more. Read more here.
- Could artificial intelligence (AI) have an important role to play to help combat COVID-19? Read more about the learning-based model Europe is developing. Read more here.
- During this challenging time, hospitals are showing extra support for their patients who are going through cancer treatments. Read more here.
- The pandemic has made a large impact on cancer workforce and delivery of care and according to The Lancet, could permanently change oncology services. Read more here.
- Preliminary data suggests that low-dose radiation may be successful treatment for severe Covid-19. Read more here.
As an essential business-defined by the ‘Stay at Home’ order issued by the Wisconsin Governor, Standard Imaging remains open. The health, safety, and well-being of our employees, customers, and community is our top priority and we’re taking every feasible precaution during this time. Read more about how we are serving our customers and any adjustments to our services.