Exradin® W2 Scintillator System Overview
- AAPM/IAEA TRS 483 states the scintillator is the only detector with a kQ of 1.000, making the W2 the ideal SRS detector.
- All corrections are built in.
- Water equivalent.
- Inherently waterproof.
- Can be used for both water scanning and point dosimetry.
- User replaceable fiber, includes both 1x1 mm and 1x3 mm.
- No dose rate, temperature, or energy dependencies.
- The W2 system features Čerenkov corrected measurement signals that can be converted to a proportional analog output, which can be read by any electrometer. This allows the W2 system to be connected to a water phantom system for scanning.
Scintillating fiber1.0 mm diameter x 3.0 mm long
Scintillator housing2.8 mm diameter x 42 mm long
Optical fiber1.0 mm diameter core x 2.2 mm diameter jacket x 4 m long
Scintillating fiberPolystyrene with fluorescent dopants
Optical fiberAcrylic (PMMA) with Polyethylene jacket
Scintillator enclosureEpoxy potted within an ABS plastic tip and polyimide stem
Optical fiber minimum bend radius6 cm
Scintillating fiber physical density1.05 g/cm³
Radiation degradation~ 2% / kGy