The Pro-RT ED phantom is used to account for tissue heterogeneity in radiotherapy treatment planning. It can be used to define the precise correlation of CT data to the electron density of various tissues. The phantom consists of two nested disks that represent the head and abdomen. Nine different tissue equivalent electron density plugs can be positioned at 17 different locations within the scan field. Included is a water vial plug that can be filled with any fluid. Optional distance marker plugs enable quick assessment of the CT scanner’s distance measurement accuracy.
- CT value measurement (HU)
- Evaluate CT scan data
- Correct for inhomogeneities
- Document relationship between CT number and tissue electron density
- Simulate indicated tissue within the diagnostic energy range
- Quick assessment of distance registration